How do I pay for my ticket?


What is the fee to have papers served by deputy?


How do I get a copy of a police/accident report?

Click on the blue FOIA tab above, select the box titled “Submit a Records Request”, and follow the instructions to set-up an account and make the request utilizing the GOVQA portal.

You will need to fill out and submit a Request  For Public Records. You can find  this online at:
This form can be faxed, emailed or US mailed to us.  The form is also available at our office.


When and where are sheriff’s sales held?

Sheriff sales are held on Monday’s at 8:30 approximately every two weeks, in the law library of the Kendall County Courthouse. See attached schedule for exact dates:  Sheriff-Sale-Dates-2018 & Sheriff-Sale-Dates-2019.


Do you accept credit/debit cards?

Yes we do. There is a small fee charged by the credit company for this service.


My house is in foreclosure do I need to move out now?

  • Each circumstance is different; typically you are given a 30 day notice before you can be evicted. Call our Civil Process office for further questions at 630-553-7500 ext. 1152 or 1153.


Who do I call about a dead animal on the road?

You will need to contact the township that maintains your road. A list of township highway commissioners can  found online at:
If you are not sure which township handles your road maintenance, call the highway department at 630-553-7616.


How do I bond someone out of jail?

  • RECOMMENDED METHOD:  You can post bond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the Kendall County Sheriff’s Office located at 1102 Cornell Lane, Yorkville, IL . You will be asked to fill out a portion of the bond form which allows any bond money posted to be returned to you after the case has gone through the courts. This method ensures that the money is used only for bond and not other purchases made by the inmate.
  • ALTERNATE METHOD:  You may also deposit money into an inmate’s commissary account, which the inmate can then use to post his or her bond.  While this method may be easier (because it can be completed on-line) it is not recommended.  Once money is deposited into an inmate’s commissary account, it becomes the property of that inmate. The money may be used at the discretion of the inmate and will not be returned to the depositor.  When the inmate completes court proceedings associated with the bond, the money posted as bond will be returned to the inmate.  Also, any negative commissary account balance (debt the inmate owes to the commissary) will be collected from any monies deposited into an inmate’s commissary account.  For example, if an inmate has a $50.00 negative commissary account balance, and you deposit $500.00 into their account so they can post $500.00 bond, they will be $50.00 short of the full amount needed.

If you wish to utilize this method, go to:  www.jailatm.com and follow the instructions.  You must inform the inmate that you deposited money into their account so they know it’s there, and can request access to if from KCSO staff.


What are the hunting guidelines for Kendall County?

All counties and municipalities in Illinois are subject to State law as it pertains to hunting and fishing rules and regulations. Illinois hunting and fishing information can be found online at:


I think I’ve had a scam phone call/email, what should I do?

If you believe you have been the victim of identity theft, or a phone or internet scam, please contact the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number (630-553-5856) to make a police report. If you have received a suspicious e-mail or phone call but have not responded or provided personal information, or if you would like information on privacy, identity theft, phone and email scam, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at:


How can I dispose of unwanted medication?

The Sheriff’s Office Drug Collection Unit is open to the public from the hours of 8am to 4:30pm excluding county holidays and is located in the lobby of the Public Safety Center. In the event a request is needed for after hours, citizens are urged to call the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number, 630-553-7500, and make a request for an after hour drop off. Drugs can be dropped off with no questions asked.

Please email us your comments & suggestions. Your feedback is always appreciated! County Offices Directory

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved