Orders of Protection

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

An Order of Protection can be obtained in two ways:

  1. If a criminal case is filed against the abuser by the State’s Attorney’s Office, the State’s Attorney’s Office, with the assistance of Mutual Ground, will assist you in completing the necessary paperwork for an Order of Protection. You will need to come to the Kendall County State’s Attorney’s Office to meet with our office and prepare the paperwork at no charge.
  2. If a criminal case has not been filed, you may:
    1. Go to the Circuit Clerk and ask for a Civil Order of Protection Packet. – You represent yourself (pro se) and the Clerk is not able to give legal advice.
    2. Hire a private attorney to represent you for the Order of Protection.
    3. Call Mutual Ground at 630-897-0080 and a court advocate will assist you in obtaining a Civil Order of Protection. – She will accompany you to court and there is no charge for the service.



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer