Back Child Support

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Child Support Enforcement

The Kendall County State’s Attorney’s Office believes that all parents have the responsibility to support their children and is committed to enforcing past due child support obligations owed by non-custodial parents to their children through its Child Support Enforcement Program

There are specific guidelines that the Kendall County State’s Attorney’s Office must follow before they can intervene in a case to attempt to collect past due child support. The main guidelines are listed below:

  • The person required to pay support is 4 payments or 2 months delinquent, whichever is less.
  • The person required to pay the child support MUST live in the State of Illinois.
  • The person obligated to pay support is NOT remarried to you or is currently living with you.
  • Your divorce or child support file is located in Kendall County.
  • An order to pay child support through the Kendall County Circuit Clerk or the Illinois State Disbursement Unit has been entered by a Judge.

If your situation meets the above guidelines for the Child Support Enforcement Program, please call the Kendall County Circuit Clerk, Child Support Division, at (630) 553-4183, to begin the enforcement process.

The Circuit Clerk will begin the process by sending a notice to the parent who owes past-due child support requiring them to pay by the first court date. If they fail to pay by the first court date, the State’s Attorney’s Office will begin enforcement proceedings.

If you do not meet the guidelines set forth above, you may contact a private attorney to represent you. You may also contact the Illinois Department of Healthcare & Family Services, for issues such as establishing child support payments, increasing child support, establishing paternity, or other issues relating to paternity or child support. You may contact them at 1-800-447-4278 or visit their website at

If you have questions as to the amount of child support owed, when the last payment was made or other questions regarding payments, you may contact the Illinois State’s Disbursement Unit at 1-877-225-7077 or visit their website at