Benefits for both Corrections Deputies and Patrol Deputies are dictated by each group's respective collective bargaining agreement. Below is a brief summary of the benefits deputies enjoy.
- Starting pay of $55,945 with a top pay of $85,563 after 9 years for Patrol Deputies. Starting pay of $51,772 with a top pay of $80,035 after 9 years for Corrections Deputies
- IMRF SLEP pension funded by both employer and employee contributions
- Option to participate in 457(b) retirement plan funded by the employee
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 12 sick days per year
- 14 paid holidays per year
- 2 weeks vacation after one year
- 12 hour shift schedule for Patrol Deputies. 8.5 hour shift schedule for Corrections Deputies.
- Opportunities for advancement and specialized positions including several federal task forces and multi-jurisdictional teams
Complete information on the compensation package provided to deputies can be found in the collective bargaining agreements.