Child Support

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Effective October 1, 1999, federal legislation changed the way Child Support was handled in the State of Illinois. Most Illinois Child Support is now paid through the Illinois State Disbursement Unit (SDU). This change was designed to centralize the collection and distribution of Child Support. The Kendall County Circuit Clerks Office still maintains the record of monitored Child Support payments.

Illinois State Disbursement Unit (SDU)

According to Federal and State laws, all Child Support cases that have an Order for Income Withholding for Support and/or have received assistance from the Illinois Department of Healthcare & Family Services must have their support payments go through the Illinois State Disbursement Unit. Due to the volume of checks processed by the SDU, you must follow the guidelines below to insure proper credit to your account:

  1. The SDU accepts personal checks, cashier’s checks, certified checks and money orders. Payable to: ILSDU
  2. Always include the name of the person responsible for making the Child Support payment and the court case number on your check.
  3. Always include the county number also known as FIPS # (1709300) on your check.
  4. Post-dated checks will not be accepted.

The Circuit Clerk’s Office will not accept payment for child support. These payments must be mailed directly to the SDU. Mail your payment to:

Illinois State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 5400
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5400

Any questions about possible missing payments or checks from the Illinois State Disbursement Unit should be directed to the SDU’s toll-free line (877) 225-7077. To access your specific case information, you will need your Social Security number, date of birth and your pin # (supplied by SDU).

The Illinois State Disbursement Unit (SDU) has implemented a toll-free customer service Automated Voice Response System (AVRS). The AVRS is available to answer your call in both English and Spanish, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The number to call to reach the AVRS is: 1-800-447-4278.

Child Support Enforcement

The Illinois Department of Healthcare & Family Services offers free child support enforcement services to Illinois families. For general questions or if you do not have an active child support case with the department and would like one, a customer service representative will be able to answer your questions and take your application.

Please call 1-800-447-4278, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Fridays or 9 a.m. until noon on Saturdays (except state holidays). Applications can be found online at To get more information visit their website at

The Kendall County State’s Attorney’s Office can represent a recipient of monitored child support if the payor becomes delinquent in attempts to collect Back Child Support. There are specific guidelines that the State’s Attorney’s Office must follow before they can intervene in a case to attempt to collect Back Child Support. For more information contact the Kendall County Clerk’s office at 630-553-4188.

Annual Support Service Fee

There is a $36.00 annual Support Service Fee that is assessed by Illinois State law on all Child Support cases for the administration of child support payment records which is payable to the Circuit Clerk’s office. Payment of your $36 Annual Support Service Fee should be made with a separate check payable to the Kendall County Circuit Clerk. The Circuit Clerk accepts personal checks, cashier checks and cash for Support Service Fee payments. Be sure to include your case number on all checks. Payments can be dropped off or mailed:

Kendall County Circuit Clerk
Attn. Child Support
807 W John St.
Yorkville, IL 60560

The Circuit Clerk will send an annual notice of Support Service Fees due. Failure to pay will result in your case being turned over to the Kendall County State’s Attorney’s Office for Legal Action.

Address Changes

It is the responsibility of the parties to notify the Circuit Clerk’s Office of any change to their address. This notification must be made in writing on a Name/Address or Employment Change form, which can be found on our webpage under Forms.

Child Support Information Requests

The Circuit Clerk in each county is responsible for maintaining a history of monitored Child Support paid on each case in their county. The Circuit Clerk keeps a record of every payment made for Child Support. These records reflect both the date and the amount of the payment. This includes payments that are made to the State Disbursement Unit. A record of the Child Support you have received or paid can be obtained from the Circuit Clerk’s Office. There is a fee of $4.00 to print a Child Support Payment History.