The Supervisor of Assessments Office has three major functions as set by statute. One is to supervise the township assessors in making uniform assessments to taxable real estate, serve as Clerk of the County Board of Review when it is in session and to serve as Chairperson of the Farmland Assessment Review Committee.
The supervisor of Assessments has been given definite responsibilities of coordinating the assessor’s activities:
- Hold annual county meetings with assessors for the purpose of consultation and instruction that shall tend to uniform action of deputy assessors in this County.
- Issue printed instructions, rules and procedures agreed upon at the annual meetings, to be used by assessors and taxpayers alike.
- Assist in the assessment of properties that present special problems.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date record cards as a basis for standard appraisal methods.
- Review and revise the assessment and to make corrections as shall appear to be just between districts, properties, and persons.
- Equalize assessments by township.
- Publish the assessment roll for each township.
- Apply preferential assessments and homestead exemptions as mandated by statute.
- Report statistical data and abstracts to the Illinois Department of Revenue.
Contact us at: Web_Email_Assessments@co.kendall.il.us