Small Claims Court


  • Small Claims Complaint forms are available on-line. If you are requesting the forms to be sent by mail please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request.
  • File your complaint with the Clerk of the Circuit Court located in the Kendall County Courthouse at 807 W. John Street, Yorkville, IL. or if filing by mail send to our office at 807 W John St, Yorkville, IL. 60560 with the appropriate filing fees. The amount of filing fee you will need to pay will depend on how much you are claiming for in your complaint. It will range from $104.00 to $169.00.
  • In addition to the filing fee you may need to pay a fee for the service of your summons. The amount will depend on whether you request service by certified mail or sheriff’s service.
  • Return Dates (Court Dates) are scheduled through the Clerk’s office. Small Claims complaints are usually set for any weekday at 9:00 am, except legal holidays and during scheduled weeks when jury trials are held. Please contact the Clerk’s office for available dates when filling out your summons form.

Important Notice: The Circuit Clerk’s office is prohibited by law to give legal advice and cannot assist you in filling out these forms. The information provided above is given only for general reference as to our filing procedures. For legal assistance in filing any lawsuit and to protect your rights under the law, you should seek counsel from a licensed attorney at law

Please email us your comments & suggestions. Your feedback is always appreciated! County Offices Directory

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved