Tax Bill Information
Real Estate Taxes
Got Questions? Who do I call?
- For an explanation on how your assessment was determined, please contact your Township Assessor. Your Township Assessor’s phone number is listed on the back side of your tax bill.
- For assessment, property description, multiplier and exemption questions, contact the Kendall County Supervisor of Assessments at 630-553-4146.
- For tax rate and tax levy questions, contact the Kendall County Clerk at 630-553-4104.
- For property tax billing and payment information, please contact the Kendall County Collector at 630-553-4124.
- To correct the mailing name and/or address on your tax bill, please print out the Change of Address form and mail to the Assessment Office.
County Offices are open from 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday, except Holidays
Important Facts about your Kendall County Property Tax Bill
Tax bills are mailed out in the month of May. If you do not receive your tax bill, please contact the Kendall County Collector at (630) 553-4124. Failure to receive your real estate tax bill or receiving one late will not negate your responsibility to pay your taxes or late penalties. Payments made on the wrong parcel cannot be refunded automatically.
In Kendall County, only ONE tax bill is issued for the full year’s taxes. The bill is payable in two equal installments. Kendall County tax payers DO NOT receive a second bill when the second installment is due. Installments unpaid by the due date will have interest added at the rate of 1.5% per month until they are paid.
All original tax bills in Kendall County will be mailed to the property owner at the address on file. Kendall County will not mail an original bill to a mortgage company. It is your responsibility to call them and ask if they need you to send them a copy of your bill. A duplicate bill may be requested by the property owner at no cost.
If you no longer own this property, it is your responsibility to mail the bill to the new owner.
A minimum charge of $25.00 will be added for any checks returned to us by the bank and the tax payment will be voided.
Property Owners who have delinquent taxes remaining after the 2nd installment will be mailed a delinquent notice and a $10.00 fee will be added to the amount due.
Kendall County charges a $5.00 duplicate bill fee to all non-owners.
Please read both the front and back of your bill thoroughly for other important information.